Our terms and conditions
For all EU jobs
Cites permits are required for Cites animals. The fee is £165 and that is for the export permit AND the import permit. We do all of the work for you for a small admin fee that is included in the fee.
Please note CITES permits can take a while.
It is a minimum of 3 weeks each way. So 6 weeks for both on average. Occasionally it is back sooner.
However if this takes longer than anticipated it is out of our hands. No refunds will be given once applications are in and your fee paid to the UK government as they will not refund. You will just be automatically rolled over to the next European run. Which is typically 3 months later.
2. Reptasia Animal Couriers will endeavour to provide a professional, reliable service based on the information we receive from you. We will do our best to advise and guide you, but our clients / owners of the pets we provide travel for are fully responsible for their pets’ paperwork and its accuracy, pet passports, customs declarations and any other import/export documents — unless we have agreed in writing to your specific request to arrange these for you.
3.The Customer warrants that he is either the owner of the animals / animal goods consigned to Reptasia Animal Couriers or he is the authorised agent and that he accepts these conditions for himself and for those for whom he is acting.
4. Reptasia Animal Couriers may employ or entrust or instruct others to perform part of the services in carrying out instructions from the customer, Reptasia Animal Couriers will make every effort to inform the customer of these services.
5. Following instructions from the customer Reptasia Animal Couriers reserves to itself absolute discretion as to the means route timings and procedure to be followed in the handling management and transport of animals / animal goods and if Reptasia Animal Couriers at any stage considers it necessary or desirable to depart from those instructions Reptasia Animal Couriers will be at liberty to do so and Reptasia Animal Couriers will make every effort to communicate any resulting changes to the customer.
6. If Reptasia Animal Couriers finds it necessary to board animals before consignment to a carrier can be arranged or at any stage in the journey or where owing to circumstances beyond the control of Reptasia Animal Couriers there is a need to provide boarding the cost of the boarding and incidental expenses including any necessary medicines or veterinary treatments or re-examination required by import or export regulations of the country of destination shall be payable by the customer without prejudice to Reptasia Animal Couriers’s rights against any other person.
7. All quotations are given on the basis of immediate acceptance and that travel will be within three months and if costs of freight or costs of travel increases above the rates prevailing at the time of the quotation were prepared the excess shall be passed on for payment by the customer.
8. All quotations given are based on information and evidence provided by the customer and Reptasia Animal Couriers will make charges for costs incurred for making adjustments or changes in the service resulting from this lack of information or evidence and Reptasia Animal Couriers also reserves the right to cancel any arrangement with the customer in the case of the customer providing inaccurate information or evidence.
9. The customers shall be deemed to be bound by and to warrant the accuracy of all descriptions values and other particulars given to Reptasia Animal Couriers for customs consular and other purposes and the customer undertakes to indemnify Reptasia Animal Couriers against all losses damages expenses and fines arising from
any inaccuracy or omission even if such inaccuracy or omission is not due to any negligence on the part of the customer his servants or agents.
10. All local duties and taxes levied by authorities by any port or receiving country are the sole responsibility of the customer as well as any expense properly incurred after arrival at destination before delivery to the consignee.
11. Animals / animal goods are accepted by Reptasia Animal Couriers solely at the risk of the customer and Reptasia Animal Couriers and its servants and agents shall be under no liability in contract tort or otherwise for the death illness escape of or injury to any animals and damage to any goods from any cause arising nor for any loss or damage suffered by the customer or anyone claiming through him by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by Reptasia Animal Couriers or its servants or agents in connection with such animals / animal goods.
12. Cites permits are required for Cites animals. The fee is £165, this is for the export AND the import permit. We do all the work for you for a small admin fee which is included in the £165. Please note that Cites can take a while and this is out of our hands. It is a minimum of 3 weeks each way, total of 6 weeks for both on average. This is a minimum and it can take longer. No refunds will be given once the application has been sent off and fees paid to the UK Government, they do not offer refunds for taking longer than usual so we cannot either. You will automatically be rolled over to the next European run should you miss the one originally booked for. European runs are typically every 3 months.
13. All European imports to the UK will incur a 20% import vat charge. The amount charged is based on the invoice you give us which is also the amount we insure the animal for.
14. If there are any issues caused by sub contractors not turning up or completing work then you will be carried over to the next run. We will cover any additional Cites costs should they expire but no refunds will be given
1. Reptasia Animal Couriers provides insurance up to a value of £1000 in respect of each animal in its care and if a customer wishes to increase this insurance then Reptasia Animal Couriers will cooperate in gaining a quotation for this extra insurance and if a customer decides to take out insurance elsewhere then Reptasia Animal Courier’s insurance is withdrawn.
2. If the customer or sender or any person authorised by the customer or sender travels by transport arranged by Reptasia Animal Couriers or its agents Reptasia Animal Couriers is under no liability to him or his representatives for the loss of life personal injury or delay of or loss or damage or delay to his property however caused or for any loss however arising.
3. Reptasia Animal Couriers will water and feed all animals and livestock in its care and in prior consultation with its customers and if it is necessary to unload for resting watering or feeding Reptasia Animal Couriers will do so at the cost of the customer if in the opinion of Reptasia Animal Couriers it is reasonable to do so without incurring liability for any consequences resulting and in the event of this would take all reasonable steps to consult with its customer.
4. In addition to and without prejudice to the foregoing conditions the customer undertakes that he shall in the event indemnify Reptasia Animal Couriers against all liabilities suffered or incurred by Reptasia Animal Couriers arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with the customer’s instructions or their implementation or the animal / animal goods and in particular the customer shall indemnify Reptasia Animal Couriers in respect of any liability it may be under to any servant agent or
subcontractor or any haulier carrier warehouseman or other person whatsoever at any time involved with the animal / animal goods arising out of any claim made directly or indirectly against any such party by the customer or by any sender consignee or owner of the animal / animal goods or by any person interested in the animal / animal goods or by any other person whatsoever.
5. Reptasia Animal Couriers shall be discharged from all liabilities for loss or non delivery of animal / animal goods forming a part of or a whole consignment handed into an airline or other carrier acting on behalf of Reptasia Animal Couriers or Reptasia Animal Couriers customer.
6. Reptasia Animal Couriers is a British Limited Company and all agreements between Reptasia Animal Couriers and its customers shall be governed by English Law and be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts .